- Marius: And I know the peasants were all depressed…
- Enjolras: I think you mean "oppressed."
- Marius: Whatever. They were cranky.
After obsessively Googling symptoms for four hours, I discovered ‘obsessively Googling symptoms’ is a symptom of hypochondria.
Joly, Book VII
Drop the attitude, Javert. You’re acting like Garfield on a Monday.
Valjean, Book XII
I can’t recall a time when I didn’t want to be a police officer - apart from the summer of 1979, when I wanted to be Kermit the Frog.
Javert, Book IV
- Marius: I don’t even have any skills.
- Courfeyrac: What do you mean?
- Marius: You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills. Girls only like guys who have great skills.
No, no dating for Enjolras. It might cut into your brooding time.
Grantaire, Book IV
Whoa, whoa, whoa. You lost me at ‘instead of punching.’
Bahorel, Book III