- Grantaire: You're not programmed to feel joy.
- Enjolras: Yes, but my software is due for an exuberance upgrade.
- Grantaire: You know, when you play along with the robot jokes it kind of ruins my enjoyment of them.
- Enjolras: Yes, I know.
I have little to no concern for other people’s possessions or emotions.
Eponine, Book II
- Joly: If you were going to die in an hour, what would you do?
- Courfeyrac: I’d probably get on twitter and tweet that I was gonna die in an hour, and then I’d post a selfie on instagram looking super super depressed, you know, with a long ass caption, and hopefully get on the popular tag.
My friends want me to go to the barricades, so here’s what I need: 1) new friends.
Grantaire, Book VII
You should have been a blowjob.
Madame Thénardier to the unnamed kids she sold later, Book VIII
I’m stressed, depressed, and not even well dressed.
Marius to Courfeyrac, Book III
It’s not that I’m scared of getting caught, it’s just that I’m too pretty to do hard time.
Montparnasse, Book VIII
I’m like Icarus whose wings melted before he could fuck the sun.
Grantaire, Book IV
I mean, the monarchy is like the movie ‘Expendables 2.’ First time, hated it. Second time, hated. Third time, it was okay. But then the fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, tenth time I watched it, I realized something. It’s just - it’s not good. It’s not a good movie.
Marius, Book IV